A fine coffee never dies, at least if we apply to preserve the authenticity. The unquestionable remains of the 19th century coffee mill testify to Vanibel hold coffee farming tradition.
The coffee farming had, for a long time, providing wealthiness to the farms located on “La Côte Sous le Vent”. The Coffea Arabica was brought in Guadeloupe around 1725; at that time the guadeloupean coffee was considered as on of the best coffee in the world.
Thus, the Vanibel Estate has managed to bring out and put together the agricultural heritage (coffee, vanilla and banana farming) with the local architecture symbolised by its self-catering accommodations in the country.
Privileged, as located in the south of the island, 'Vieux Habitants' is precisely situated on this Cost beneath the wind on the hillside. Vanibel is the ideal place for the coffee farming, with its volcanic ground, its high humidity level and hydrometry.
VANIBEL clearly wants to be the leader of the coffee economy in Guadeloupe, with just one aim: satisfy its customers who show a real interest in quality products.
Coffee Vanibel is cultivated on an exceptional soil. An exemplary cottage industry which respects the taste and the identity of ahigh quality coffee. It is considered as one of the best arabica in te world with regard to its incomparable flavour and taste.
We invite you to discover :
- The vanilla flowers fertilisation
- The coffee improvement and its authentic coffee plantation
- The coffee processing step by step
- Mountain banana plantation, which represents the first agricultural activity of the island
- And of course the “Vanibel” coffee tasting
The tour timetable
- From January to April : 2.30pm, 3.45pm.
- From may to December: 2 pm (only one tour)
- Closed on week-end and public holiday
- Annual closing: 12/08/22 to 30/09/22
COVID HOURS: VISITS ON MONDAY to THURSDAY 2.00 P.M ONLY